Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"Southpaw jinx nothing"

Hey fellas, Let's Get Entertained.

What will I be talking about in here on Let's Get Entertained ?
I will talk about the Entertainment part of the universe. 


I always wait for Jake Gyllenhaal's movies and Southpaw is one of his movies that I so wanted to watch. If you are a Rocky fan, you would have gotten the blog title "Southpaw jinx nothing" where I quoted Apollo Creed. Here for this movie 'Southpaw' is quite a smart choice for a movie title. 

Similar to Rocky, Billy Hope in Southpaw faces ups and downs in his life. Only here Billy Hope when facing the downs, goes terribly down because of his wife's death. So this movie even though clearly will have a boxing match ending, is an emotional rollercoaster if we have to put it in generic words. 

Like Adrian for Rocky, Maureen (Rachel McAdams) for Billy is the driving force for the boxer. Oh Rachel Rachel. Even though she comes on only for the fist few minutes in the movie, oh boy did she kill the role (pun intended). She was amazing as a tough wife of a boxer who makes decisions for him. 

Now about this Billy Hope, he is just simple to judge. A reckless, defenseless boxer who loves his family. So, clearly the death of Billy's wife turns the speed of the movie around and what factor makes the boxer to get back on a better path ? Getting his daughter back from social services who took her obviously because of his recklessness. 

That girl Oona Laurence who plays Leila Hope can really do intense roles at this age. Impressive. Usually kids trying to play mature roles annoy me but this one just impressed me. 

And Forest Whitaker's role could have done more justice to him. Yes I said it right. 
50 Cent who ? haha 

Did you know Eminem was supposed to play the lead role for this movie ? But he later decided just to write songs for this movie. I love "I am phenomenal" and "Kings never die". Playing on repeat right now while I am writing this. 

Jake always makes good movies better. He did a great job again here. His voice and speed of speech everything was different here. And woah that guy got ripped as hell.

I would easily give Southpaw a 9/10. 

#kpsaravan

Me:

My Photo blogs:
Instagram - kpsaravan

My Blog theme:
http://kpsaravan.blogspot.com/2014/03/new-thing.html 

I will appreciate if you fellas leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment