Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Surface Pro 3 - #LetsTalkTech

Hey fellas, Let's Talk Tech.

What will I be talking about in here on Let's Talk Tech ? 
I will talk about Technology and stuff happening around in that part of the universe.

So Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 event happened today and it made me get back to my blog. I am just gonna give you guys the gist about the product in the aspect we care about. 

Pic Source: yahoo.com
Basically Microsoft had this 'Versus Apple' theme again saying Surface Pro 3 is a replacement of iPad and MBA combined. In a traditional tech event way, they gave some statistics about most of the apple customers who have an iPad also have a computer. So releasing a tablet that will replace your laptop. Sounds catchy and tempting, but is it up to the mark ?

Here is what you need to know and keep in mind after today's event if at all you are tempted to buy Surface Pro 3. With Microsoft's hint I am gonna use MBA to compare to make my point. 

MBA (Core i5) with Intel's Haswell processor microarchitecture, has been on sale for about an year and after its recent price reduction it costs $900.
Surface Pro 3 on the other hand is being introduced now with the same Haswell processor. The issue here is Intel has confirmed the release of PCs with Haswell's successor - Broadwell chips in the near future. So if you buy Surface Pro 3, it will be outdated before even you know it. And the Core i5 equivalent is $100 more than MBA. Also its unclear (may be to me) whether the start price of $799 (Core i3) includes the peripheral devices. 

Well the other aspects of device type and usage, Surface has a detachable keyboard and touch screen feature which is what Microsoft is emphasizing on. And Surface has a better display of 2160x1440. Although I don't care much about the little difference in weight of the devices, it might matter for some of you who like cases on PDAs because it weighs almost the same as MBA with the peripheral devices.

Well these are not all the deciding factors. Let someone buy it and we'll ask them about the performance aspects, battery life etc etc., before we come to a conclusion.
#kpsaravan



Me:

My Photo blogs:
Instagram - kpsaravan

My Blog theme:

I will appreciate if you fellas leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment