Friday, March 28, 2014

Counter ChitChat - #LetsSocialize

Hey fellas, Let's Socialize,


What will I be talking about in here on Let's Socialize ? 
I will talk about the socially active and socially awkward topics. 


Everytime you go to your regulars, like the grocery store, restaurant, hair dresser etc., you have to have certain ChitChat at the counters just to keep those few minutes less awkward. But there are always cashiers and attenders who make it even more awkward BECAUSE of the ChitChat. 

Its easier with cashiers in restaurants to ChitChat with while waiting for take aways and also with hair dressers, because you know it is going to take a while and you can either talk about something either one of us started talking about or just pretend eagerly waiting to leave the place. 

But it is so much harder when you pay for just four items in a grocery store. The time window is too small to have something to talk about or its too rude to just say hi and keep starring at him/her pack the items. Especially when there is no one but you at the counter. 

You have to know how to counter the counter chitchat to escape out of it. 

As a daily routine I go grocery shopping in a place nearby and ofcourse when there are cashiers and attenders of almost your age, you HAVE to make chitchats before paying for what you bought. So here, I have the usual strategy to make the chitchat even shorter. #Tip: Talk about time everytime there is an awkward chitchat situation, so that you can always end the conversation by saying 'You have to go'. Simple. 
Ex: Isn't it pretty early for the traffic to ease off today ? Which reminds me I now finally have time to go to the book store before they close today. Bye !  ---- Tada ! Yeah Yeah I know I am brilliant :) Haha.

But last week one sunday evening it got awkward when the cashier started being too friendly and wanted to talk 'girls'. I had to listen to him complaining about how "uncultured" South Indian girls are before using my Time Card. 
The worst part was I didn't know whether he was too serious about it for me to not smile and nod or he was just kidding about it for me to not have a straight face. Either way I will look like a weirdo. 

All I heard in my head after few minutes was "UNCOMFORTABLE, EXIT BUILDING EXIT BUILDING".

He kept talking about how he admires the "cultured" girls who wear traditional attires and how he hates the "uncultured" girls who wear westernized attires. A small questione popped up my head: "How old and ignorant are you dude ?" But nooooo, that might even trigger him more on the topic. So Shush ! 



It went too uncomfortable when he made some sexist comments about girls telling, its only ok for guys to become westernized no matter where you are from, but if you are a South Indian girl, you have to stick with the conservative culture. Apart from being annoyed, I found a window of opportunity to exit the conversation. I just said, "dude chill, there are always different types of girls for different types of girls. You don't have to worry about it". Which apparently made him think for a moment. Even I didn't know what that statement meant. It just came out. Hahaha. 
I confused the confused. (Deep right ? Hahaha) 

Thats when the best words in the world were uttered, "Take Care, Good night". 

#kpsaravan

Me:

My Photo blogs:
Instagram - kpsaravan

My Blog theme:

http://kpsaravan.blogspot.com/2014/03/new-thing.html

I will appreciate if you fellas leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment